My Favorite Things is a new part of my blog where I’ll name my favorite things in a particular category-along with the things I hate in that category. I hope you enjoy. 🙂
My Favorite Things in Fashion
- Shoes! I have an excessive amount of shoes. Seriously, everyone thinks I have a problem, but I have never spent more than $20 on a pair of shoes. I have 1 pair of rain boots, 4 pairs of sneakers (cute ones, outdoor running shoes, gym shoes, volleyball shoes), 5 pairs of boots, 5 pairs of flip-flops, 3 pairs of slip-ons, 8 pairs of flats, 2 pairs of sandals, 5 pairs of heels,and a pair of Muk Luks slippers that have reindeer on them. That’s a grand total of 34 pairs of shoes- and that’s just in my dorm room. And yes, I do wear every pair of them. So if you ever need shoes for a certain occasion, I might be able to help you.
- Earrings. Earrings are my favorite accessory. I don’t wear excessive amount of jewelry, but I absolutely love pairing my outfits with a pair of statement earrings. I’ve got over 50 pairs of earrings, and that’s after Justin made me go through my collection and get rid of the ones I don’t wear/want/like anymore.
- Short-sleeved shirts. Unlike my mom, I’m not cold-blooded. More often than not, I’m too warm rather than too cold. So I have quite the abundance of short sleeve shirts of all styles that I wear year-round, and just adjust them by wearing jeans and a cardi with them instead of shorts and sandals. I love v-neck cotton tees, light chiffon shirts, short-sleeve cardis, retro button downs and dressy tanks with sweaters.
- Scarves. I have at least twelve scarves that vary in patterns and textures, and I love to wear scarves in lieu of necklaces. Or sometimes with necklaces.
- …necklaces. I love long, layered necklaces. And necklaces that have cute charms on them. I have tons of them and I honestly don’t wear them as much as I should.
- Head bands! Big, bold headbands with flowers, lace, beads, and pearls are my fav. I also have several unadorned headbands that are simply wrapped with pretty floral fabric, and work with almost any outfit, and instantly take your hairstyle up a notch.
- Jeans. My favorite jeans are a pair of plain old skinnies from American Eagle. I love American Eagle’s jeans, but I will buy jeans from anywhere if I can find a good fit for a good price. Right now I am looking for the perfect pair of ’70s styled high-waisted, super flare jeans. I need some. I have a pair of teal rinse super flares from an AE sale a couple years ago, and they make my butt look amazing. But they’re lacking the high waistline that I really want. So if anyone knows of somewhere-or has a pair in a size 0-let me know. 🙂
- Leggings and tights. Whether they’re plain black, or they’re patterned, or textured, leggings and tights take simple outfits up a notch. My latest find was a pair of black, floral textured tight that I got for $2 at JC Penney. Leggings are my favorite things to wear, and can be worn casually or in a more dressy manner. Wear them with dresses, or a jacket, or pair them with a hoodie and your Uggs. You’ll be more comfortable than in jeans either way.
- Lipstick. I love red lipstick. It’s classic, and timeless, and anyone can wear them if they find the right shade of red. Fair skin tones should stick to a red with more pink undertones. Medium, go for one with more of an orangey-red. And deep skin tones should find a purple-hued red. Matte is the way to go, although some come with a moisturizing shine topcoat. Use it if you have really dry lips, otherwise, go for classic matte. I also love pink lips. 🙂
- Jackets. Last but not least, I LOVE jackets. I have quite a few. Among my favorites are a Guess cropped swing jacket, a military-esque tie-waist jacket, and my latest purchase- a Gap 3/4 sleeve blazer with gold buttons down the front. 🙂 wear them with dress pants and a nice shirt, and you have an instant job-interview or date outfit. Wear them with jeans, and you’ll have an awesome outfit for school or going out.
I hope you enjoyed my first stab at “My Favorite Things”! I know these aren’t as humor-oriented as my other posts, but I thought it’d be fun to share my favorites with you. 🙂 I’d love to hear your favorites in the comments!
Note: I will be adding pictures to this post within the next few days 🙂